The Home Office Plan
My plan for my home office is currently underway. Here’s my initial thoughts:
- Taking all the current paneling that is currently covering the walls.
- Insulate, with a vapor barrier
- Two layers of 5/8” drywall (for sound proofing the room a bit, when I work from home, I make and receive lots of phone calls. Doesn’t need to be completely soundproof, but I think the two layers of 5/8” drywall, along with the insulation will help with the sound acoustics in the room.
- A new window. It currently has one window, which is single pane. I’d like to replace it with at least a double pane window like the others in my house.
- Raised floor. Currently the floor is the concrete. I’d like to put in a bit of a raised floor, possibly bamboo. Secondary to the rest.
- A couple additional power outlets, on a separate circuit. Currently the space has one power outlet.
- Different lighting. Currently has a single bulb. I’m thinking pot lights possibly. I don’t usually have the lights on , but in the winter months it might be useful to have better lighting.
- Custom desk. I’d like to build a custom desk that would hold my desktop and two monitors, my printer, my phone and working space. Two monitors are fairly essential and I have them, just don’t have the space for them right now.
- Network wiring. I’d like to put network drops in and put my 24 port switch in my garage. It’s quite noisy. In the garage the noise wouldn’t be an issue.
Yes, I’ve thought about this plan quite a bit. I’ve never done remodeling of any sort, so this is quite a project. We’ll see what happens.